Saturday, August 18, 2012

Spoiled Milk: The Expendables 2

SPOILER ALERT! The Expendables 2 had some things I didn't understand in it. I'm going to try to make this quick and explain what I found wrong with the film.

1) The hell did everyone go? Schwarzenegger appears at the beginning, then goes away for most of the film and doesn't show up until the end. What was he doing all that time? Li appears at the beginning, then goes away for the rest of the film. Where'd he go? Well, he had to drop this guy off at some location that I can't remember for a reason that I don't believe was actually given. My issue is that he never comes back. Why? Someone kills Liam and that's why that guy couldn't come back, but nobody killed Li, so where did he go? He didn't just call up The Expendables and say, "herro guise, mishun acomprished, come get me."? And don't call me racist for that quote, he literally talks like that in the film.

2) The plutonium. Willis needed it, Van Damme needed it. Why? Basic bomb building stuff I guess.

3) Why didn't they give Charisma Carpenter a bigger part?! They replaced Li with some asian chick, why couldn't that be Carpenter? 'Cause the asian lady is trained to be awesome? Who's to say Charisma's character isn't trained (she is the girlfriend of an Expendable after all)? Also, all the asian lady does is act sexy and shoot stuff, Charisma could just as easily do the same. I'm just really bitter 'cause I'm a fan of Charisma Carpenter and have no clue who Nan Yu is.

So there it is. I'm sure I can think of a lot more specific stuff, but I'll let it slide along with the rest of the stuff I didn't like about the movie. Remember, I do these kind of reviews out of respect, this movie is worth me pointing out at least some of it's flaws, maybe not all of them, but some of them. END SPOILER!

No comments:

Post a Comment