Monday, August 16, 2010

Movie Review: Scott Pilgrim vs The World

Okay, so this movie actually made me think. I'm going to try to make this short. I plan on writing an incredibly loooooooong rant about the more troubling parts of the film in a later blog post. For now. Film, cast, comic, director, audience, and grade with final note.
Okay, pretty fun special effects. Loved the visuals of the film. Kept me entertained. Enough said.
Michael Cera, spitting freaken image of myself, I related to the character, I like the actor. Mary Elizabeth Winstead, pulled off a good Romona Flowers I must say. Ellen Wong, spot on performance as well, for what they wanted to capture. Kieran Culin, apparently a much better actor than his more famous brother, I keep seeing Kieran in more stuff. Chris Evans, he's going to get type cast for superhero stuff, I'm telling you: Fantastic 4, Captain America, The Losers, Scott Pilgrim. Brandon Routh, didn't seemed type cast, only because it seemed more of a nod to superhero films with his role. Jason Schwartzman, seen him in one other thing, but I always recognize his name in stuff. The rest of the cast I don't really care to mention... all pretty cool I guess. Oh, the Twilight chick was cool too (that's who the sister was Jose).
Never read the comic. Hear the film stays true to it very well. This would explain why the movie seemed so long, had to fit so much into it.
Edgar Wright, the director. Hott Fuzz, hilarious. Hitchhiker's Guide entertaining. Shaun of the Dead, good stuff. I think I'm beginning to like this director.
The audience. Very annoying. People murmured and whispered all around me. Is it too hard to ask for people to shut the hell up during a film, honestly?!
Grade: A, only because I promised Jose, and I hope you all find the movie as intriguing as I did, hope we get into discussions about it! I'll post something longer on what I thought about the film in a different post, warning, it will have spoilers!

No comments:

Post a Comment