Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Life as a T.V. Show

If you're connected to my facebook by any chance, which you probably are, you may have read the wall post in which I mention the stereotype I fit in Hollywood. I'm going to expand on that here.
I'll begin by listing the T.V. show's you can find characters like me on: Chuck, That 70's Show, Scrubs, Eureka, SGU. All popular at one point, some still popular. Let's look at the formula for these shows. Normal yet somehow awkward white guy gets involved in a life that's bigger than him, he knows a cast of unique characters and that special someone he can't seem to get until later in the series, gets along with all of them, ends up on normal yet somehow wacky misadventures. People laugh, they cry, and it always seems like it won't work out for our guy, but it does.
Chuck/Eric/J.D./Carter/Eli get involved in Spy Work/the 70's/Medical Work/Eureka/Space Ship, he knows Morgan&Casey&Dr. Awesome/Fez&Kelso&Hyde/Turk&Janitor&Carla/Jo&Fargo&Henry/Rush&Scott&Young, and Sarah/Donna/Elliot/Allison/Chloe, gets along with all of them, ends up on etc, etc, etc, you get the point.
Thus far my summer has been filled, hell, my life has been filled with something fun and interesting every week, just like a T.V. show. Life is naturally bigger than these characters and myself because we know so many other cast of characters and people.
I would name the certain characters of my life, but if you watch any of these shows and know me, you know who you are. I don't have to name off any of the stereotypes others fit in, they would know who they are. I just find it funny when I look at the best friend character, or "the new guy" addition to a show, and go, "I know someone like that." So perhaps it isn't a stereotype, perhaps it's just life. If that is the case, then I guess I'm the main character 4 out of 5 times, or at least the character the camera seems to follow.
I'm going to link this blog to my facebook again. If anyone who reads this wants to leave a comment here or on my facebook or message me, feel free. I'll even tell you the character in those T.V. shows I peg you as.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely have to agree with you haha
    When I read this on FB, I laughed but didn't comment. You're very much the quirky main white guy :P

    ReplyDelete